This article is intended for iOS users (iPhone/iPad) who are experiencing sensor installation issues after updating their phone to iOS versions 13.4 or 13.4.1.
If you have a secondary mobile device that is not using iOS 13.4 or 13.4.1, then you can still install your sensors on this device and transfer them directly to the app on your primary device that was affected by the update. This will work if your secondary device is either an Android phone, or an iPhone/iPad installed with iOS 13.3.1 or earlier. What you can do in this case is download the SimpleSENCE mobile application on your secondary device and complete installation for all your sensors using that. Once installation of all your sensors has been completed on this device, you can follow the steps outlined below to transfer these sensors to the SimpleSENCE application on your primary device (the one with iOS 13.4/13.4.1 installed on it):
- Open the SimpleSENCE app on you primary device
- Begin the installation process as if you are setting up a new sensor
- When you are asked to pair to a sensor to begin the installation, you will pair to any one of the sensors you installed on your secondary device. This will sync the app between both of your devices and send you back to the home screen of the SimpleSENCE app.
- Once the home screen loads you should see that all the sensors you installed on the secondary device have now been transferred to your primary device. Any settings or contacts you configured for each of these sensors will be transferred as well.
- You can now view and manage all of these sensors from your primary device.
As always, if you want to contact us directly for questions or walkthroughs, you can do so by clicking here.